Pastor of Junior High Ministries
The priority commitment of this ministry position is to provide innovative, strategic, collaborative, team-oriented leadership to our ministry efforts toward Junior High students and their families at The River Church. This position involves building a team that will lead our Sunday morning Junior High program, our mid-week Small Group gatherings, and all other seasonal and special events, including shepherding of individual students and their parents. Our overall goal includes not only age-appropriate programming but also including students in the wider life of the church.
This ministry position is for 20 hours per week with plans to move to full time in 2020.
The Junior High Pastor is expected to be consistently present for Sunday programming throughout the year. However, this person is also able to replace him/herself and be away from River gatherings up to six Sundays per year.
The ministry position is divided into the following focus areas:
- Coordinate and help teach the Junior High midweek small group Bible study for boys and girls that would include social time, sharing, worship, and break out time. A team of male and female volunteers would need to be recruited and trained to work alongside the Pastor of Junior High Ministries.
- In collaboration with other pastors, connect with Junior High parents to support them in their role and cultivate a partnership as part of the “family of families” at The River Church.
- Help facilitate the ongoing recruitment and training of other adult mentors who partner with parents to nurture each student.
- Lead and teach a Sunday morning Junior High program. It is preferable to involve others who help teach and lead the students as well.
- Plan seasonal events and camps for Junior High students.
- Be available and accessible to Junior High students, building relationships and receiving their questions or concerns. Meet with students outside of regularly scheduled programs as time permits.
- Collaborate with the Children’s Director and High School pastor to ensure smooth transition through each age group.
- Attend River staff meetings, representing the needs of Junior High families.
Submit resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org